Friday 28 June 2013

Debut - A- Thon Update & Challenge

Yaaaaayyy!!! I just completed Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza. I have been reading about it a lot. So I put it on my TBR list. I think one of the reasons I was able to finish reading this book is because 1) It was very fast paced and 2) I was excited to be part of the Debut -A- Thon.

I read The Mad Scientist's Daughter by Cassandra Rose Clark not long ago. That had an android too. But in that case he was well aware of the fact that he was a machine and the story was in the humans perspective. So it was nice to see a premise where the android didn't know she was anything but a human.

I am a huge fan of Sci-Fi and thrillers and it was great that this book was a combination of the two. The one thing I'd complain about was the insta love between Hunter and Mila. I understand that he was teh only one who did not freak out once he saw her arm when it broke. But come on. My Spidey senses were tingling when he wasn't in the least bit serious.

What I would have loved to see was the relationship between Mila and her mother. I wanted to know the motivation behind why Nicole took Mila away from the Compound. Well I guess I'll just have to wait for the sequel. I really enjoyed this book. I would rate it 4/5.

And here is my update for the Debut -A- Thon. I have started on Pivot Point by Kasie West. This seems like an interesting read. I am so looking forward to it.

Challenge 2: The Day 2 Challenge is being hosted by Laura .  The challenge is as follows: We need to pair a song with the book that we are reading. It's the Pair that Debut challenge.

I just finished Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza. And the song I thought of, especially during the action packed parts was The Pretender by Foo Fighters. The parts that resonated with the books story were,

"In time or so I'm told
I'm just another soul for sale... oh, well"

"Keep you in the dark
You know they all pretend
Keep you in the dark
And so it all began"

"I'm the voice inside your head
You refuse to hear
I'm the face that you have to face
Mirrored in your stare
I'm what's left, I'm what's right
I'm the enemy
I'm the hand that will take you down
Bring you to your knees"

Another song that partly matches what I felt when I read the book was Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) by Emily Browning (the Sucker Punch version).

"Some of them want to use you
Some of them want to get used by you
Some of them want to abuse you
Some of them want to be abused

I'm gonna use you and abuse you
I'm gonna know what's inside
Gonna use you and abuse you
I'm gonna know what's inside you"



I have just started Pivot Point so I am yet to think of a song for the book. I will post one once I am well in to the  book.

Challenge 4:

I could not figure out the first 3 but I did figure out the last 2.
4. The Rules of Disappearing - Ashley Elston
5. Pretty Girl 13 - Liz Coley

Updates:

Thursday : Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza
Pages read: Completed
Books read: 1
Total # of books read: 1

Friday : Pivot Point by Kasie West
Pages read: 30
Books read: 1
Total # of books read: 1

Saturday
Pages read: 140
Books read: 1
Total # of books read: 1

Sunday
Pages read: 
Books read: 2
Total # of books read: 2


No comments:

Post a Comment