Monday 16 June 2014

Musing Mondays

Musing Mondays is a weekly meme hosted by Should be Reading

Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!

My Musings - 
Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s) -
I recently got Winger by Andrew Smith as a gift from my sister. I absolutely love this book. It is so pretty to look at and the story was great too. This book has illustrations in it and I just love any book with whacky illustrations in it.
Another book that I got for myself was the beautiful UK edition of the Mistborn Trilogy.

This buy has a bit of a story behind it. I already have a box set of this series. Specifically this one...
I got this Box Set as a gift from my sister for my birthday last year. She had asked me what I had wanted and I told her this was what she could get me. So when I saw the UK edition at my local bookstore I was tempted to buy it. But I was hesitant as I already owned it. Don't get me wrong I don't mind the cover of the mass market paperbacks, but the UK edition was a bit bigger and the paper of better quality.

A month ago my uncle gave me a voucher for the same bookstore that had the box set I wanted. This is a second hand store where you get store credit when you return or sell your books. But when I took the voucher to the store they did not have the set. So I used up a bit of the money to get other books. But I still had money left. This Sunday I headed to the store to give away a few of my books and also the voucher and there it was, beckoning to me. So I just bought it, along with a few other books. I basically spent 250 bucks (~4$) on 7 books.

I do not mind having 2 sets of the same book, especially one I am extremely fond of. The other book that I really love and have 2 sets of is Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit. I am planning on getting the Hardcover edition of these books because this is a series that is my all time favorite.

Do you guys have any books that you have 2 sets of? Or a book that is just a cover buy?

No comments:

Post a Comment