Friday 28 June 2013

Movie Review: Now You See Me



I was out with a friend last weekend and I was bummed that he had already watched Man of Steel. Then on the spur of the moment we decided to go watch Now You See Me. I did not even know the premise.

Just getting to watch this movie was an adventure. The first place we tried to get tickets for this movie there was a late night show and nothing that afternoon. So we quickly used our superpowers (smartphones) to find a cinema hall that was actually showing this movie. We found one that had a show in an hours time.

The theater was 40 min away. So we raced to the car and got stuck in traffic when we were about 5 min away and the show was starting in 15 min. I raced to get the tickets and there was a long queue for the tickets. I realized that there weren't many tickets left ( which, I should've realized, meant the movie was good as the movie had been out for 3 weeks by then) . I was hoping that we wouldn't get stuck with front row seats. Luckily the seats we got were in the 4th row from the top. We rushed in to the screen where the movie was playing. We were just in time for the show.

For a spur of the moment decision, I enjoyed this movie a lot. I mean it's about magic, a heist and secret societies? Count me in. This movie was a roller coaster ride. I really enjoyed the cat and mouse chase between Mark Ruffalo and the Four Horsemen. I have always loved Ruffalo since I first saw him in Just like Heaven. He didn't disappoint here.

For all those who still haven't watched this movie, my advice would be to GO WATCH IT!! This was just great. I would give it a 4.5/5.


No comments:

Post a Comment